Do you have a passion for joining the Merchant Navy and want to know about Diploma in Nautical Science courses? Well, you are at the right place. DNS is a 1-year residential course approved by the Director General of Shipping that falls under Govt. of India.
So, with that said, we are here to share with you the basics of a Diploma in Nautical Science, and you can pursue this course.
Nautical Science Course – A Glimpse
The practices & principles of operating the different types of marine vessels safely, effectively & cost efficiently are the studies of Nautical Science. This multidisciplinary field consists of mathematics, science, and physical training and deals with techniques & knowledge that are involved in operating the marine vessel safely from one point to another.
It helps manage the route, and freight tasks, support Merchant Navy Ships, and other lawful & business matters that are related to lifesaving and firefighting.
Career Options after Diploma Nautical Science Course
The main objective of a diploma in Nautical Science or DNS is to form occupation opportunities for Ship captains, Junior Navigation Analysts, apprentices, 2nd Mates officers, Shipment officers, Marine Engineers, Operation Managers, and Training Officer Navigators.
To get into this diploma course, one must meet the eligibility requirements. For this, the student must have pursued a 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
The student must pass the national level examination or any other entrance exams that the college has conducted.
● 10+2 with average Marks of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or B.sc in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Electronics with Physics as an individual subject in one of the years with not less than 55% marks in the final year (or) BE (or) B.Tech Degree.
● 50% Marks in English – 10th or 12th
● Girls & Boys can apply.
● Anyone below 25 years of age at the time of commencement of the course.
● Mandatory to have a passport at the time of course commencement.
A Quick Look at Entrance Exams for DNS
The entrance exam describes the glance of the whole course. Here’s a general exam pattern:
● 100 marks are divided into the MCQs that must be completed at a particular time.
● There are two types of questions in the exam, Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Numerical Answer Questions.
● Certain skills to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude, English Comprehension, Analytical Reasoning, and Data interpretation.
Skills Required for Diploma in Nautical Science Graduates
Other than good communication & listening skills, the Diploma in Nautical Science few other necessary skills is required for this course:
● Judgment & decision making
● Active listening
● Operation & Control
● Operation monitoring
● Instructing & teaching
You can get admission to this DNS course with the College of Maritime Studies to help prepare students for entrance exams. You will get complete training with top experienced professors.
So, enroll yourself in this course and boost your career to great heights.