1. Course Outline
The training program is a 3 month in accordance with the Maritime Cost guard agency (UK) MCA, to obtain the OOW (2nd Mate). The training comprises a theoretical and practical study of Ship Seamanship Knowledge which allows the successful trainees to join the merchant shipping in the Deck or Engineering Department as a Trainee Rating. This course is conducted 4 time in a year with batches commencing from January / March /June & September each year.
1. Course Curriculum
- Course Duration: 3 Months Theory
- 20 Days Welding Course.
- 20 Days STCW Course.
- 20 Days Basic Theory Lecture.
- 20 Days Practical Lecture. (Seamanship / Bridge & Bridge Equipment’s / Safety Training).
- 10 Days Internal Assessment.
2. Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum 10th Pass from a recognised board
- Age between 17 yrs to 26 yrs
- Minimum Height – 147 Cm & Maximum Weight – 90 Kg
- Eye sight – 6/6 in both eyes (unaided vision). No Colour blindness
- Candidates Should be Medically & Physically fit as per the Current DG Shipping Norms.
3. Documents Required
- 10th Std. Original Mark Sheet
- 12th Std. Original Mark Sheet
- ID Proof (Original)
- Medical Fitness Report by DG Shipping Approved Doctor
- Passport Size Photographs – 4
4. Issuance of Certificate
All trainees will be provided the following certificates after the course and successfully Completion of the Course
- Certificate Course in Deck & Engine Rating
- Basic Safety Training (Issued by Dg Shipping Approved Institute)
- Security Training for Seafarers in Designated Security Duties (Issued by Dg Shipping Approved Institute)
- Indian National Database of Seafarers (INDOS) Registration (Issued by the Dg Shipping, Govt of India)
- Open Indian Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC) (Issued by the Dg Shipping Govt of India)
- IIW Approved Welding Certificate.
5. Course Fees
|Seat Booking||At a time of Admission||Rs. 20,000|
|Admission Confirmation||Once Admission Letter Received||Rs. 30,000|
|Term 1||Commencement of Course||Rs. 1,20,000|
|Term 2||At at time of Practical Training||Rs. 1,00,000|
6. Procedure for Selection.
The interested & Eligible Candidates can apply online through the given steps
- Step 1 – Online Registration – Link. – Online Application Form
- Step 2 – Online Exam.
- Step 3 – Offline Interview & Counselling.
- Step 4 – Submission of Documents & Seat Booking.
- Step 5 – To all the Selected candidate institute will issue the Admission Cum Placement Guarantee letter & Institute Joining Checklist.